CE Express card not recognized on new MacBook Pro.

CE Express card for my camera is not showing up on my Macbook pro with any card reader. It showed up one time then disappeared, then never again. I'm a professional photographer and I really need to figure this out.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 11:35 PM

Coleynyc1 Said:

"CE Express card not recognized on new MacBook Pro.: CE Express card for my camera is not showing up on my Macbook pro with any card reader. It showed up one time then disappeared, then never again. I'm a professional photographer and I really need to figure this out."

-------

Accessing Data from a Storage Device:

Four things to Try. Report back if any works...

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally seeing if you still get this error.

B. Create a New Admin User:

For temporary troubleshooting purposes, care anew administrator user. The, plug it in, using that user.

C. Boot in Safe Mode:

Go Here: Start Up your Mac in Safe Mode - Apple Support. In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another login session.

D. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Power) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC (Intel-only Macs) and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 11:35 PM in response to Coleynyc1

Coleynyc1 Said:

"CE Express card not recognized on new MacBook Pro.: CE Express card for my camera is not showing up on my Macbook pro with any card reader. It showed up one time then disappeared, then never again. I'm a professional photographer and I really need to figure this out."

-------

Accessing Data from a Storage Device:

Four things to Try. Report back if any works...

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down: shift key, upon boot], In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally seeing if you still get this error.

B. Create a New Admin User:

For temporary troubleshooting purposes, care anew administrator user. The, plug it in, using that user.

C. Boot in Safe Mode:

Go Here: Start Up your Mac in Safe Mode - Apple Support. In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another login session.

D. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Power) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC (Intel-only Macs) and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

CE Express card not recognized on new MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.