Bug with "middle mouse click + CMD key mapped button" on mac OS Ventura 13.5.1

When having the "command" key assigned to a side button on the Logitech G502 Mouse, "Command Mapped to Mouse" + "Scroll wheel" works, however there seem to be issues with "Command Mapped to Mouse" + "Middle Mouse Click". For whatever reason. Logitech G Hub is not longer recognizing this combination from the mouse. It is like the middle mouse click is cancelling out the command key mapped to one of the side buttons. Can confirm this issue persists with another Logitech mouse I have that relies on Logitech G Hub. Issue is persistent throughout all of Mac OS.

I have been using this key mapping setup for years yet after updated to Mac OS Ventura 13.5.1 it no longer works. I deleted and re downloaded G Hub but this didn't fix it. I have tried a lot of other tests... basically everything... nothing worked.

I think there is an issue with the latest version of Mac OS regarding middle mouse clicks + key mapped buttons on mice.

UPDATE: bought an MX Master 3S mouse and downloaded Logi Options+ to test. Still doesn't work.

TLDR: Command key mapped to mouse + middle mouse click and hold doesn't work anymore with latest update to Mac OS Ventura 13.5.1.

(I used combo in FL Studio timeline nav, Fusion 360 pan, etc)

Will try and install a previous version of Mac OS until this hopefully gets fixed.

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 11:22 AM

FWIW, it's up to Logitech to make sure their products are compatible with with latest version of macOS.

Logitech Support

1 reply

Bug with "middle mouse click + CMD key mapped button" on mac OS Ventura 13.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.