Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Green screen issue on iphone 14 pro max

A month ago, Got an notification regarding my ios update for 16.6 on iphone. So installed the update and when the update completed and phone started to reboot it self the whole screen turned into green and i couldn't see anything on it, though screen was responsive. Now the service center is asking me to pay for the screen replacement. Note the phone is under warranty and is 5 months old and has no dents or any physical damage on it. What should i do

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 12:26 PM

Well, I bought a brand new iPhone 14 pro max in March exactly after 8 months on the 11th of November I got the typical green screen of death (IOS 17.0.3) which made my display completely un useable and green, only option I had was Siri, I used my voice to restart and turn off my device couple of times but nothing worked at last I had to go to an authorized apple service provider since we do not have any official apple stores in Sri-Lanka. They even refused to do a free replace now I options are to trade it in and pay extra for a 15 or replace the display by paying straight out of the pocket.

Disappointed

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2023 12:26 PM in response to Saihatkar

Well, I bought a brand new iPhone 14 pro max in March exactly after 8 months on the 11th of November I got the typical green screen of death (IOS 17.0.3) which made my display completely un useable and green, only option I had was Siri, I used my voice to restart and turn off my device couple of times but nothing worked at last I had to go to an authorized apple service provider since we do not have any official apple stores in Sri-Lanka. They even refused to do a free replace now I options are to trade it in and pay extra for a 15 or replace the display by paying straight out of the pocket.

Disappointed

Jan 9, 2024 10:31 PM in response to Saihatkar

Same happened to me just 2 months after the warranty went out. Yellow screen of death without water damage, always have screen protector and case since day one. No scratches, bleed or crack. Try every effort mentioned to resolve but no luck. Went to Apple Store and they asked me to pay to replace screen at my own cost. It was not cheap at all! Very disappointed!

Oct 28, 2023 7:12 PM in response to Saihatkar

I also encountered the Green Screen issue in my 14 pro max after updating to IOS 17.0.3. My phone is 8 months old so it’s covered by warranty. I went to service center and it was Fixed and Screen was replaced for FREE. Im not sure about whats the real cause of the Green Screen issue but maybe because of heat?

I observed that the phone overheats right after the update, coz maybe of the processes that runs in the background.

Sep 6, 2023 2:04 AM in response to Saihatkar

Whether it is Black Screen Death, White Screen Death, Green Screen, or Yellow Screen Death the process of reviving it remains more or less the same...

Experiencing random black/white/yellow screens and loading issues on your iPhone can be frustrating, but there are several troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem. Here are some common solutions you can attempt:

1. Follow the Apple article to resolve the issue --> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen ...
  2. If not resolved; please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue: If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly
  3. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary software glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
    1. Restart the device. That's it.
    2. Still not solved --> Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  4. Make sure you have the latest updates installed. Update using iTunes/Finder —> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (IN)
  5. You still see a black screen after charging, force restarting, following the steps in this article.
    1. You see a black screen, but you can hear alerts, sounds, and vibrations.
    2. The screen remains black, but the device chirps when you unmute it and connect it to power.
    3. Your screen is on, but it doesn't respond when you tap, slide, or try other gestures. 
    4. You can't force your device to restart because a button is broken or stuck.
    5. Your device is stuck on the Apple logo, displays a solid color, or isn't recognized in iTunes.
    6. Contact Apple Support to set up service if you have any of the above issues:
  6. Please follow the steps in the following Apple Video for support with this issue:

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

Feb 18, 2024 11:26 PM in response to Saihatkar

Today I'm experiencing the same green screen issue on my 14 pro max. Consumers go for an iPhone with the confidence of the quality the product. Apple should come up with a solution since we pay a considerable amount for a mobile device. I use my mobile carefully & now I see so many people are facing the same issue. Apple should find a solution for their customers.

Mar 13, 2024 9:11 AM in response to Saihatkar

its happend with my wife too when she update phone its turn to Green Screen when i visit apple store in albany new york they told me to change phone screen which is 279 plus sale tax.

i ask them i ll pay money but you have give me broken screen back but thy refused thy told me we send to apple.i think its total scam.

at this point i come to know that its total scam going with apple customer.

Apr 23, 2024 6:56 AM in response to Saihatkar

I brought a iphone 14 pro max before 9 months and 2 weeks back the display went green and then black. Its in the warrenty period and gave it for service , now they are saying that someone have opened it already and cannot service it now. This was given in nagercoil iplanet . Is this a scam? Does apple think 1.5 lakhs of money is just for fun. For sending it for service the datas have been also erased stating privacy. They also mention if we can pay 41 thousand the data can be taken. Or have to erase before sending for service. I have been using Apple products for more than a decade. This recent experience with apple is just a scam and making people fool.

Green screen issue on iphone 14 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.