Help! MBP 2015 blue frozen boot up screen

Hello, my MBP mid 2015 was working fine yesterday. Today when I opened the led, and started it. It gave me a blue screen saying my Mac needs restarting due to a problem. Then it goes in a boot up loophole till it gives the prohibition sign.

I tried the following:

1.tried safe mode with no luck (stuck in the same loop).

2.tried the diagnostic tool and it shows no issues however, stuck again when it gave me the option to restart in safe mode.

3.tried reinstalling macOS by pressing command+R with no luck (stuck in a black screen)

4.tried command +shift+alt+ R but also stuck in a black screen after finishing loading the macOS from the internet.

any idea what could be the problem and how to solve it ?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 7:56 AM

The prohibitory sign appears when your boot drive appeared to be bootable, but one of the fundamental large items needed immediately at startup was found to be missing, corrupted, or wrong version.

If your Mac starts up to a circle with a line through it - Apple Support

That's a nice shade of blue, but the expected color is gray or black. that may indicate more issues.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 7:56 AM in response to Egyptian Bird

The prohibitory sign appears when your boot drive appeared to be bootable, but one of the fundamental large items needed immediately at startup was found to be missing, corrupted, or wrong version.

If your Mac starts up to a circle with a line through it - Apple Support

That's a nice shade of blue, but the expected color is gray or black. that may indicate more issues.

Help! MBP 2015 blue frozen boot up screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.