iCloud connection error

When I try to access my icloud acc on webpage through windows laptop I receive this error message

"icloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server"

I am connected to the internet and my password et all is correct. I can access through safari.

I have tried to download app for windows but error on this too ?

Any help appreciated ?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 12:07 PM

Here are the instruction from the thread I posted:

From another frustrated iCloud user 'Futurist2022' had the solution to this problem. It appears that if you have IP6 enabled on your adapter setting this is causing the problem.

Go to Control panel, select Network and Sharing Center, then select Change Adapter Settings, select the adapter you are using for your PC, double click on it, select Properties, scroll down and uncheck Internet Protocall 6 (TCP/IPv6). click OK close each window. Reboot your PC. I you still have problems uninstall iCloud first then change the adapter settings, reboot and you should be good to go.

It is quite simple. And although this user suggests rebooting, that should be necessary. So once you make the change, try your access again. If no joy, then reboot.

Here is an additional link that shows how to turn off IPv6 - How to disable TCP/IPv6 (IPv6) on Windows 11 | Windows Central.

And lastly, this can be done for your Ethernet adapter and/or your WiFi adapter.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 12:07 PM in response to DBP1974

Here are the instruction from the thread I posted:

From another frustrated iCloud user 'Futurist2022' had the solution to this problem. It appears that if you have IP6 enabled on your adapter setting this is causing the problem.

Go to Control panel, select Network and Sharing Center, then select Change Adapter Settings, select the adapter you are using for your PC, double click on it, select Properties, scroll down and uncheck Internet Protocall 6 (TCP/IPv6). click OK close each window. Reboot your PC. I you still have problems uninstall iCloud first then change the adapter settings, reboot and you should be good to go.

It is quite simple. And although this user suggests rebooting, that should be necessary. So once you make the change, try your access again. If no joy, then reboot.

Here is an additional link that shows how to turn off IPv6 - How to disable TCP/IPv6 (IPv6) on Windows 11 | Windows Central.

And lastly, this can be done for your Ethernet adapter and/or your WiFi adapter.

iCloud connection error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.