Instal old version of pages

I have just been given an old MacBook Air running Big Sur but I cannot run pages from the App Store because I cannot down an older version, does anyone know now I can download an old version

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 2:01 PM

Ideally, the former owner should have followed this guideline before giving the Air to you. You should have booted it and the first thing that happened should have been a setup process as you would for a new Mac. If that did not happen, everything in that Big Sur installation is still associated with the former owner's Apple ID.

If you previously installed Pages from the Mac App Store since Oct 2013, then in Big Sur, launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the same Apple ID that you previously used to install Pages. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel and Pages should appear there with a blue cloud download icon. Click that and a dialog will appear offering to install the last compatible version of Pages (v11.1) for Big Sur.

Otherwise, you cannot get any version of Pages for Big Sur.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 2:01 PM in response to hottest144

Ideally, the former owner should have followed this guideline before giving the Air to you. You should have booted it and the first thing that happened should have been a setup process as you would for a new Mac. If that did not happen, everything in that Big Sur installation is still associated with the former owner's Apple ID.

If you previously installed Pages from the Mac App Store since Oct 2013, then in Big Sur, launch the Mac App Store and sign in with the same Apple ID that you previously used to install Pages. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel and Pages should appear there with a blue cloud download icon. Click that and a dialog will appear offering to install the last compatible version of Pages (v11.1) for Big Sur.

Otherwise, you cannot get any version of Pages for Big Sur.

Instal old version of pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.