Stolen iPhone is in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China; what can I do?

There are several other reports on here of lost or stolen iPhones in Los Angeles that later popped up on Find My iPhone located in China. I happened to notice that the map that Glitchy_We shared a year ago is showing up in EXACTLY the same location as MY stolen phone. And sounds like others are getting the spam/phishing attack messages I'm receiving as well ("Mr. Jack").

How many others has this happened to?! This is clearly an organized crime effort and the phone are being sent to this location. Is there anything to be done? I did file a police report.

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 4:40 PM

WakeUpMaggieMay Said:

"Stolen iPhone is in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China; what can I do?: How many others has this happened to?! This is clearly an organized crime effort and the phone are being sent to this location. Is there anything to be done? I did file a police report."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting an iPhone Sting:

If the police decide to follow through with it, then they will. As from your end, you should secure all of your account credentials. Read the following...

Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

III. Report Items to Apple:

So, report phone call's and messages info to Apple and others. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

35 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2023 4:40 PM in response to WakeUpMaggieMay

WakeUpMaggieMay Said:

"Stolen iPhone is in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China; what can I do?: How many others has this happened to?! This is clearly an organized crime effort and the phone are being sent to this location. Is there anything to be done? I did file a police report."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting an iPhone Sting:

If the police decide to follow through with it, then they will. As from your end, you should secure all of your account credentials. Read the following...

Secure your Info:

If concerned for device access, then (A)verify your devices, and (B)secure your account. Open a new eMail addressee d use that for your Apple ID.

1. Verify your Devices:

Verify that all devices are logged in to your account, by using this link: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

then...

2. Modify your Credentials:

Having been stollen, someone lily has your credentials. So, by all means, modifying them.

III. Report Items to Apple:

So, report phone call's and messages info to Apple and others. Use my User: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tip

Apr 14, 2024 6:43 PM in response to WakeUpMaggieMay

My iPhone 15 Pro Max, stolen in Paris. A few days in Marocco they tried to get my codes then Ghenzen Huafa south road.

looks like a big organisation, many phones end there.

Stolen by gipsies in Paris then Maghreb then China. International gangs I think as they did not manage to unblock it they are now going to get valuable parts for reconditioners. It should disappear very soon.

[Edited by Moderator]

Jun 6, 2024 1:44 PM in response to Yownizzz

It has been stated multiple times that Apple does not get involved with lost or stolen phones, so you should not expect participation from Apple. The police will rarely do any more than keep a report on file of thefts.

On the plus side, Apple is looking at ways to make it more difficult to use iPhone parts to remanufacture phones.

Apr 5, 2024 2:57 PM in response to Pascoool

Pascoool Said:

"My iPhone 15 Pro Max, stolen in Paris. A few days in Marocco they tried to get my codes then Ghenzen Huafa south road. looks like a big organisation, many phones end there. Stolen by gipsies in Paris then Maghreb then China. International gangs I think as they did not manage to unblock it they are now going to get valuable parts for reconditioners. It should disappear very soon."

-------

Secure your info, and erase this device.

Stolen iPhone is in Shenzhen, Guangdong, China; what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.