customize the Finder Share menu

I'd like to customize the Finder Share menu option to default to Mail, not Message. Any ideas?

Mac mini, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 6, 2023 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 3:45 AM

apd416 wrote:

I'd like to customize the Finder Share menu option to default to Mail, not Message. Any ideas?

FWIW, there is no "default" in the Share Menu. You choose the option you prefer from the menu. If you haven't done so already, see the link leroy posted.

Use the Share menu on Mac - Apple Support

7 replies

Nov 6, 2023 7:50 AM in response to Renee_E

Here is one simple Automator workflow that takes whatever is selected in Finder, and creates a new Mail message with the selected files attached. You can even add customized subject and message text if you want to.

Just create a new Automator document, choose "Quick Action", fill it like this and name it - for example,

"Attach to New Mail". To use, select files, Control-click and choose from the contextual menu.

To add a keyboard shortcut, go to System Settings->Keyboard->Keyboard Shortcuts->Services, add the name of your quick action, and choose the desired shortcut.

Sep 7, 2023 8:07 AM in response to apd416

apd416 wrote:

Mac mini, macOS 13.5

ref: Use the Share menu on Mac - Apple Support

you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

customize the Finder Share menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.