Apple Script Rule to move Read mail to folder in Mac.mail

I'd like write an apple script that sould allow me to real all emails that arrive in mail under Inbox as they currently do. 5mins after reading/closing or opening anoter mail, the script is activated and moves mails under the rules I have set... I mean into different specific folders automatically. I would like to set a Mail rule to do this but can't find a way. The only way I guess is through a script.

Any tips appreciated.

Please note: I don't know how to go about apple script but I am ready to learn.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 2:47 PM

Not sure it can be done with AppleScript. However, an easy way to do that is to do the following:

1 - creates a rule that moves specified emails to a specific Mailbox.

2 - create a smart mailbox with this criteria:

This way all emails will be directed to their respective mailboxes and will show in the Unread mailbox until you click on then and read. If you don't want to keep them you can delete them from the Smart Mailbox by selecting them and using the Delete key to move them to the Trash. Empty the Trash at your convenience.

I also have a smart mailbox for "Today's Mail"

in case I leave Mail and then want to go back and see what came in today (wouldn't be in the Unread mailbox).

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2023 2:47 PM in response to Lobengular

Not sure it can be done with AppleScript. However, an easy way to do that is to do the following:

1 - creates a rule that moves specified emails to a specific Mailbox.

2 - create a smart mailbox with this criteria:

This way all emails will be directed to their respective mailboxes and will show in the Unread mailbox until you click on then and read. If you don't want to keep them you can delete them from the Smart Mailbox by selecting them and using the Delete key to move them to the Trash. Empty the Trash at your convenience.

I also have a smart mailbox for "Today's Mail"

in case I leave Mail and then want to go back and see what came in today (wouldn't be in the Unread mailbox).

Apple Script Rule to move Read mail to folder in Mac.mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.