Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

GarageBand Dock Icon Right Click Recents are wrong !

I have GarageBand on my Dock, on my MacBook Pro.

When I right click the icon, it lists what's supposedly the most recent GarageBand files I worked with, at the top. But the listing, in my case, is wrong ! It shows files I worked on several months ago, and NEVER updates it, how many ever files I have worked on after that. And I have worked on at least a 100 !

How do I reset this, or at least delete this outdated list ?!

Screenshot enclosed.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 8, 2023 11:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 12:23 PM

shobhasub wrote:

When I right click the icon, it lists what's supposedly the most recent GarageBand files I worked with, at the top. But the listing, in my case, is wrong ! It shows files I worked on several months ago, and NEVER updates it, how many ever files I have worked on after that. And I have worked on at least a 100 !

Remove the icon from the Dock an add a fresh copy...compare your results

you can try Clear Menu...

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared. Reboot as normal and test.

No resolve—

To be proactive you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.2

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2023 12:23 PM in response to shobhasub

shobhasub wrote:

Remove the icon from the Dock an add a fresh copy...compare your results

you can try Clear Menu...

A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared. Reboot as normal and test.

No resolve—

To be proactive you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.2

GarageBand Dock Icon Right Click Recents are wrong !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.