hard-drive icons on the desktop shifted positions after Mac wakes from sleep. (Even after Ventura installed)

The description is about it. But, after multiple sleeps without correcting the HDs position, they jump totally out of position, many inches away from their proper locations on a 24 in. monitor. I will run more test and take screenshots. In the mean time please reply with any thoughts or (hopefully) cures.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 7:46 AM

AppleInfoFiat wrote:

The description is about it. But, after multiple sleeps without correcting the HDs position, they jump totally out of position, many inches away from their proper locations on a 24 in. monitor. I will run more test and take screenshots. In the mean time please reply with any thoughts or (hopefully) cures.

Verify your Desktop settings...

Align and resize items in icon view on Mac

Use desktop stacks on Mac - Apple Support

no insight or resolve—

To be proactive you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2023 7:46 AM in response to AppleInfoFiat

AppleInfoFiat wrote:

Verify your Desktop settings...

Align and resize items in icon view on Mac

Use desktop stacks on Mac - Apple Support

no insight or resolve—

To be proactive you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

hard-drive icons on the desktop shifted positions after Mac wakes from sleep. (Even after Ventura installed)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.