7 updates and NO change, deleted messages still showing up with timestamp

You go to delete a message in a single stream, that happens just fine but it will retain the original time stamp of the message you deleted in the making text stream and remain in the same order in the main stream insureds of falling back in the history. Super annoying it’s not functioning right and NO ONE is doing anything about it. “Oh it’s behaving as expected”. So you expected it to malfunction, awesome! We didn’t ask for an update. Where is the bug fix for this, it’s been 7 updates and still no fix… if it isn’t broken, DON’T FIX IT! Now it’s broken and you don’t won’t or can’t fix it?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 9:31 AM

7 replies

Sep 9, 2023 9:41 AM in response to Matty6277

I'm having a difficult time understanding what your issue is? And we can't fix anything, because you are NOT writing anyone from Apple on this user to user only forum, which Apple doesn't actively participate.

Since I truly don't even understand what the issue is, feel free to share your thoughts with Apple, by providing feedback here in this link --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Sep 9, 2023 9:41 AM in response to Matty6277

Are you referring to SMS or iMessage?

Have you enabled Messages on iCloud?

Do you have Multiple devices?

For your case, I consider you have more than one iPhone and a Mac. Read on...

Ensuring a smooth synchronization of messages across your Apple devices typically occurs without issues when you employ the same Apple ID and activate the required settings.

However, a key factor to consider is the scenario where you possess several devices linked to the same Apple ID, all of which are set up to transmit messages to your Mac. In this context, a notable situation arises when you delete a message from one of your iPhones. In such cases, it's essential to recognize that any messages that were forwarded from the other iPhones will persist within your Mac.

See the pic below which has multiple Phone Numbers Indicating Multiple devices.

If you delete a few messages from one iPhone, the messages received from other iPhone(s) will still be retained on your Mac. I hope my explanation is clear.

Sep 9, 2023 11:07 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Apple feedback does nothing… I get this is a forum and apple people do monitor this. My issue since you had trouble with my rant I’d this; I delete a message from a single message thread, it deletes, cool great it does what it’s supposed to, however it fails to register in the history of the main messages thread where all the messages appear. It will still have the same date and time stamp of the deleted message and remain in the history as a more recent text… hope that makes more sense…

Sep 9, 2023 11:09 AM in response to SravanKrA

It doesn’t matter about all that. It’s an update issue, started with iOS 16, hasn’t changed in the 6 uodates following. Delete a single message from one message thread, it still shows up in the main messages thread with the date and time stamp of the deleted message. Have complained to apple.com/feedback and like said 6 updates later and nothing…

7 updates and NO change, deleted messages still showing up with timestamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.