Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

mail crashes when I send out an email

It stopped sending emails when I did my last update from my Mac book pro, if I use my cell phone it works fine. I can take the email I wrote from from my laptop and I can find and send that mail from my cell but cannot send it from mail on my laptop

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 6:30 AM

JVP1, I and others have had the same issue around this same time. I posted my concerns and actually had one person come back who worked with Apple Senior Support and the belief is it was a server side issue. I got as far as reinstalling the OS, Ventura, to no avail. Was scheduled to call support again but tested this morning and everything works fine.

Here is the URL for our conversation: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255154654?login=true

Let me know if you are still having the issue as it sounds like the same issue that I and others have had.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2023 6:30 AM in response to JVP1

JVP1, I and others have had the same issue around this same time. I posted my concerns and actually had one person come back who worked with Apple Senior Support and the belief is it was a server side issue. I got as far as reinstalling the OS, Ventura, to no avail. Was scheduled to call support again but tested this morning and everything works fine.

Here is the URL for our conversation: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255154654?login=true

Let me know if you are still having the issue as it sounds like the same issue that I and others have had.

Sep 10, 2023 1:34 PM in response to JVP1

Hi JVP1,

If you haven't done so yet, restart your Mac. Although simple, this step can help correct some unexpected issues. It's also a good idea to make sure your Mac is running the latest compatible macOS version, since this can help with overall performance. If an update is available, be sure to create a backup before installing it: Update macOS on Mac

If the issue continues, try testing in safe mode. This will start up your Mac so that it performs certain checks and prevents some software from automatically loading or opening, which could help narrow down the cause of the issue. This article will walk you through the steps: Use safe mode on your Mac

If you're using a Mac with Apple silicon
1. Shut down your Mac.
2. Press and hold the power button on your Mac. As you continue to hold the power button, your Mac turns on and loads startup options. When you see Options, release the power button.
3. Select your startup disk. It's named Macintosh HD, unless you changed its name.
4. Press and hold the Shift key, then click the “Continue in Safe Mode” button below your startup disk.
5. Log in to your Mac. You might be asked to log in again.

If you're using an Intel-based Mac
If you're not using a Mac with Apple silicon, you're using an Intel-based Mac.
1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key as your Mac starts up.
2. Release the key when you see the login window, then log in to your Mac. 
3. You might be asked to log in again. On either the first or second login window, you should see ”Safe Boot” in the upper-right corner of the window. If you can't start up in safe mode, make sure that your Mac isn't using a firmware password.

You can isolate the issue further by testing it in a new administrator account. This will tell you if the issue is specific to one user account. If needed, this article will guide you through creating a new account: Add a user or group on Mac

If you need more help, reach out to Apple Support directly so they can look into this with you further. They can be contacted here: Get Support or by calling the most applicable phone number from this list: Contact Apple for support and service.

Regards.

mail crashes when I send out an email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.