Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

live photos keeps turning on

on my iphone, my camara keeps reverting to live photos. i have gone to settings, camera, preserve setting and unlinked (so the button is grey) the camera mode, but it keeps reverting to live photos. i have also clicked the "live photo" mark on top right when taking a photo, that photo does not go to Live, but after a few hours ( i haven't actually timed it), if i take a photo it reverts to "live". Why? is there some other setting i'm missing? this just started while on a trip out of the country.

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 8:33 AM

4 replies

Sep 11, 2023 12:24 PM in response to jellybean902

Hi jellybean902,

To keep Live Photos off permanently, make sure you're following these exact steps: Take and edit Live Photos

From the Camera app, tap the Live Photos button  to turn off Live Photos. A slash through the Live Photos button means that the feature is off.

The Camera app turns Live Photos on again automatically. To keep Live Photos off permanently, follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap Camera > Preserve Settings.
3. Make sure that the switch next to Live Photo is turned on.

If those are the steps you've taken, updating your iOS version may help if the reason the setting is reverting is related to software. If an update is available, make sure you create a backup before installing it:Update your iPhone or iPad

Regards.

May 25, 2024 5:59 AM in response to Thekid2103

Thekid2103 wrote:

This 100% reverts to live photos no matter what is done. The time by which it reverts is prolonged by the setting you advised. My phone 15 pro max is, and always was, on the current ios. None of my previous iPhone models had this recurring issue.

Live Photos NEVER turns back on on my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

What I have done is simple. When I open the Camera to take a photo, I have tapped Live Photos off. Then open the Settings App and tap Camera, then make sure Preserve Settings is turned on.

May 26, 2024 7:25 AM in response to lobsterghost1

When I saw the instructions from MVegas21 where the last step is to turn Live Photos on, I was confused at first....

"Preserve Settings" leads to a list of things that can be preserved or not, like Mode, Creative Controls, etc. In each case, you can choose to preserve your settings (ON) or let the settings return to default (OFF.)

To keep LIve Photos off, you have to, in "Preserve Settings" turn "Live Photo" to ON (to green). This will Preserve Settings for Live Photo. This could seem counter-intuitive, since you're turning on the option to turn it off.

live photos keeps turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.