How to send a PDF file from my computer to my iphone 12 mini to text it to someone

84 KB PDF sent to my iphone 12 mini displays this message on iphone: Additional media content is included. Please check the message in detail. file://var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/93/03/E3CF4680-B7FO-49AD-AB4A-5FEFCDB2361D/2a325aa0-0c00-e21c-4d23-6eb84600e7b3@yahoo.com

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2023 10:53 AM

Shirley-24 wrote:

Thank you. I did try that, but I keep getting "Message failed to send". I'll call the person. Maybe something is wrong with their phone. Thanks again.

Who is your carrier? Who is the recipient's carrier? Are these messages SMS (green) or iMessage (blue). If they are SMS, in addition to lobsterghost1's suggestion that there may be a size limit, there may also be a file type restriction. My carrier, Verizon, does not allow texts to be sent over SMS/MMS.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2023 10:53 AM in response to Shirley-24

Shirley-24 wrote:

Thank you. I did try that, but I keep getting "Message failed to send". I'll call the person. Maybe something is wrong with their phone. Thanks again.

Who is your carrier? Who is the recipient's carrier? Are these messages SMS (green) or iMessage (blue). If they are SMS, in addition to lobsterghost1's suggestion that there may be a size limit, there may also be a file type restriction. My carrier, Verizon, does not allow texts to be sent over SMS/MMS.

How to send a PDF file from my computer to my iphone 12 mini to text it to someone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.