Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Can not sync contacts and calendars icloud 14.2

Recently upgraded to Office 365 and iCloud 14.2 and now both the Outlook Add-In and the option to sync calendars and contacts are not working. The add-in shows as inactive no matter how many times I try to start it and the contacts and calendars option is not even listed.

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 9:16 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 12, 2023 8:21 AM in response to JIIVI

Hi JIIVI,

it sounds like you're having an issue syncing with iCloud for Windows. Based on the screenshot provided the alert shows you'd need to access Mail, Contact, Calendars and Reminders from the iCloud website.

The recommended requirements for iCloud can be found below and in the article here:System requirements for iCloud There's also information for the minimum requirements for the feature in the article.

"PC

• Microsoft Windows 10 or later*
  • iCloud for Windows 11 or later
  • iTunes 12.7
  • Outlook 2016 or later
  • Firefox 45 or later, Google Chrome 54 or later (desktop mode only), Microsoft Edge, or Opera"

You can also find helpful information here: What is iCloud for Windows? - Apple Support

Cheers.

Sep 14, 2023 3:25 AM in response to JIIVI

I just had a long support call with Apple.

Apparently a lot of users are having the same problem, me included.

A workaround is to install an older version of iCloud, as it is the latest version that is incompatible with Office 365 apps in the latest Windows versions.

The Apple technician could not find an older version.

I looked on the web and couldnt find an older version either, apart from dodgy websites full of malware.

Microsoft are supposed to be fixing the problem , but I guess as Apple customers are affected, that they might not be rushing :-(

Can not sync contacts and calendars icloud 14.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.