Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone

Where does apple store health data is it on your own icloud or on apples icloud?

Where does apple store health data is it on your own iCloud or on apples iCloud? If I erase my iCloud will the health data get erased? Or is it made the same way as Garmin or Fitbit - saved on their own servers?

Thank you

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2023 10:08 PM

You might find the answer in Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Refer also to the section called How Health handles data from multiple sources.

Your iCloud space is yours to use exclusively, is accessible only to you with your Apple ID, and you rent this space from Apple with your iCloud plan.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2023 10:08 PM in response to Sematarium

You might find the answer in Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Refer also to the section called How Health handles data from multiple sources.

Your iCloud space is yours to use exclusively, is accessible only to you with your Apple ID, and you rent this space from Apple with your iCloud plan.

Sep 11, 2023 10:16 PM in response to Sematarium

Health information is stored in iCloud and gets encrypted as it goes between iCloud and your device, and while it's stored in iCloud. End-to-end encryption requires iOS 12 or later and two-factor authentication. To stop storing your Health data in iCloud, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and turn off Health.

Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch or Apple Watch

Sep 11, 2023 10:21 PM in response to David McKinlay

So do I run a chance of losing my health data if I clear out my iCloud? The reason I am asking the question is because I would hate to lose my health data if I cleared my iCloud by mistake, companies like fitbit or garmin store your data on their own servers and you have an option to delete the data, but it is not stored on the storage which is given to you for your use.

Where does apple store health data is it on your own icloud or on apples icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.