Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Trouble opening up .xml files within the Sibelius app on my iPad

I just exported a number of musical scores into a file folder which I labeled Sibelius scores that all have the .xml format as instructed. When I open the folder, all the files are there but they are greyed out and I can’t seem to access them to use them in the Sibelius app. I know that Sibelius app is compatible with my ipad and also my Apple Pencil so not sure why I can’t open the files.

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 5:20 PM

You would really be best off getting in touch with the developer of the app, you can get instructions on how to do that here How to contact an app developer - Apple Support and get assistance from them on how to get the files integrated into the app.

However, you may also have to get the files integrated into the app by using a PC with iTunes for Windows installed or a Mac with Finder or iTunes depending on the version of MacOS that is installed on it. You would then open up iTunes and take the files once you have them on your computer and transfer them into the app by selecting the file transfer in iTunes and then moving them to the appropriate app in the list you’ll get in this section.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2023 5:20 PM in response to Ismcd58

You would really be best off getting in touch with the developer of the app, you can get instructions on how to do that here How to contact an app developer - Apple Support and get assistance from them on how to get the files integrated into the app.

However, you may also have to get the files integrated into the app by using a PC with iTunes for Windows installed or a Mac with Finder or iTunes depending on the version of MacOS that is installed on it. You would then open up iTunes and take the files once you have them on your computer and transfer them into the app by selecting the file transfer in iTunes and then moving them to the appropriate app in the list you’ll get in this section.

Trouble opening up .xml files within the Sibelius app on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.