Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

CarPlay won’t look for my car

CarPlay is no longer working in my car. I tried removing my phone from CarPlay and Bluetooth and putting them back, but my settings won’t stick. Then I removed my car from CarPlay on my phone by removing Sync. Big mistake. Now I can’t get it back on my phone. Help!

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 12:38 AM

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If Content & Privacy Restrictions is on, tap Allowed Apps, and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (CA)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2023 12:38 AM in response to SharB33

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. If Content & Privacy Restrictions is on, tap Allowed Apps, and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support (CA)

Sep 15, 2023 6:19 PM in response to SravanKrA

I tried that. That didn’t work. I can connect my car to my phone’s Bluetooth, but the car and phone forget the connection as soon as I have unplugged the lightening cable from my phone and have taken the phone from the car. Each time I come back to the car I have to connect the phone and reconnect Bluetooth.

CarPlay can’t locate any cars. My son tried his phone and experienced the same problems. Is this because of the recent Apple update? Or does the firmware on the car need to be updated?

CarPlay won’t look for my car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.