The button "ACCESS iCLOUD DATA ON THE WEB" in settings does not respond

Attempting to access iCloud on my desktop directs me to my devices, where I am prompted to turn on access iCloud data on the web. The button for that function does not react.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 6:32 AM

No, it does not work on any device. No, I can't access iCloud because I can't log in. A couple things: It took 2 months for you to respond; and, you didn't respond with anything but questions. You are charging me for a service I can't access.

6 replies

Apr 19, 2024 6:47 AM in response to Steve_Betsko

Steve_Betsko wrote:

No, it does not work on any device. No, I can't access iCloud because I can't log in. A couple things: It took 2 months for you to respond; and, you didn't respond with anything but questions. You are charging me for a service I can't access.

This is not Apple Support. This is a user-to-user technical support forum. In the past, there were Apple employees who would respond to questions that had gone unanswered. And that Apple employee responded within 24 hours, not two months. You never followed up. People can't help you if you won't participate in the problem solving.

If you want help from Apple Support, use the link at the bottom left of every page of this forum.

Sep 14, 2023 9:03 AM in response to Steve_Betsko

Hello Steve_Betsko,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We’ll need some additional information to provide more specific support.

• Can you log in to the iCloud website successfully with your account?

Take care.

Apr 19, 2024 5:23 AM in response to 1ssmith

Can we Please use this Community platform offer solutions to the problems we’re facing instead of answering with more questions. How about we offer answers to the known problems in the moment as to the facts listed from users exhibiting issues; it’s more productive to be helpful in the moment then to gate-keep information as if were a privileged commodity at one’s discretion to disseminate. Please share information as to assist. Thank you 🙏

Apr 19, 2024 6:43 AM in response to REsQ8

REsQ8 wrote:

Can we Please use this Community platform offer solutions to the problems we’re facing instead of answering with more questions. How about we offer answers to the known problems in the moment as to the facts listed from users exhibiting issues; it’s more productive to be helpful in the moment then to gate-keep information as if were a privileged commodity at one’s discretion to disseminate. Please share information as to assist.

People ask questions so that they can get a better understanding of the problem. If you walk into your doctor's office and say, "My arm hurts", do you expect her to scheldule surgery? Or do expect her to ask questions, such as, "where does it hurt?", "what activities have you been engaging in?", "has this ever happened before?" Of course you'd expect questions. It's the same thing here.

If you think you can do a better job helping people, please, find some recent questions and answer them rather than criticizing the help other people are trying to give.

Oh, and this thread has been dormant for six months. Not much point in reviving it.

Apr 19, 2024 7:25 AM in response to Steve_Betsko

Hello @Steve_Betsko. I will offer you the information I received from Apple as it relates to my issue because I can’t speak to the problem your facing with your iCloud account. I was told there is an iCloud Encryption Keychain issue that I’m facing that’s blocking my access to use that button. once I log back into into the Device that I originated my Apple ID account on and reset my encryption data ie. my password and passcode “I think” turn off keychain and resume resync with ICloud account then I was told to reset the other device and sign in with the same credentials again to Apple ID and all everything should synchronize and allow for access to the “Access on iCloud on web” feature. I hope this helps you I don’t know if it applies to your situation but here’s the information. Best Wishes. 🙏

The button "ACCESS iCLOUD DATA ON THE WEB" in settings does not respond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.