Is iOS going to fix the camera?

I have an iPhone 14 pro max. Ever since I bought it the camera can’t focus and the quality on instagram when taking a story is so horrible. It looks fine on the screen but when the photo is taken it looks like a water color painting and less contrast. Also it keeps shifting the camera to the right and taking slightly deep fried photos whenever I get within a foot of the object I’m taking a picture of. I don’t know much abt tech but I hope they fix this soon. Pls lemme know! Thanks

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2023 6:36 PM

Seriousmoonlightt Said:

"Ever since I bought it the camera can’t focus and the quality on instagram when taking a story is so horrible. It looks fine on the screen but when the photo is taken it looks like a water color painting and less contrast. Also it keeps shifting the camera to the right and taking slightly deep fried photos whenever I get within a foot of the object I’m taking a picture of.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting an iSight Camera:

Get your iPhone Serviced:

If you've had this issue since you've owned the iPhone, then it seem you have a fault device. So, get the serviced, seeing if the solution all comes down to getting a new iSight Camera.

A. Take to an Appel store:

You'd setup a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store, taking it in for service. There, it will be diagnosed, and you'll be provided with your options.

Or...

B. Take this to an AASP:

See an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area...

Contacting an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2023 6:36 PM in response to Seriousmoonlightt

Seriousmoonlightt Said:

"Ever since I bought it the camera can’t focus and the quality on instagram when taking a story is so horrible. It looks fine on the screen but when the photo is taken it looks like a water color painting and less contrast. Also it keeps shifting the camera to the right and taking slightly deep fried photos whenever I get within a foot of the object I’m taking a picture of.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting an iSight Camera:

Get your iPhone Serviced:

If you've had this issue since you've owned the iPhone, then it seem you have a fault device. So, get the serviced, seeing if the solution all comes down to getting a new iSight Camera.

A. Take to an Appel store:

You'd setup a Genius Bar Appointment at your local Apple Store, taking it in for service. There, it will be diagnosed, and you'll be provided with your options.

Or...

B. Take this to an AASP:

See an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) in your local area...

Contacting an AASP: 

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Is iOS going to fix the camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.