how would I connect my Xbox One s elite controller to my Mac air m2 so I could play video games?

when I click the button on my controller to try to connect it thru bluetooth it simply just won't show up and I don't know what to do to get it to connect

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 2:07 AM

5 replies

Jun 10, 2024 6:37 PM in response to hoyt85

If this is the controller in question, Microsoft says it is "For use with Xbox systems and PCs running Windows 7 or later."

Also: "Connect to Xbox consoles with Xbox Wireless, or using the included 9’ USB-C cable. Wirelessly connect to Window PCs, tablets, Android, and iOS devices using Bluetooth, or with the included 9’ USB-C cable." But there's no mention of connecting to Macs.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller-series-2

Jun 10, 2024 3:04 PM in response to hoyt85

True about Microsoft needing to make sure their device is working properly, however, that’s a two way street. It is apple also responsibility to make sure their advertised promise to have Bluetooth capability actually work with other Bluetooth devices, not just apples Bluetooth. If that was the case they couldn’t call it Bluetooth, but the fact they do call it Bluetooth means it’s supposed to be able to connect to Bluetooth devices. Also, it’s not apple responsible to make drivers that enable Bluetooth supported controllers to connect, so it’s a give and take on both ends bra. And when waiting for others fails, learn how to do it your self bud. Find the proper kext, see if it installs. If not try to find a m1-2-3 capable version, and if still you fail, learn how to update a driver to support the new version and do it your self. That’s how I do all my mods and hacks.

Jun 10, 2024 5:33 PM in response to Twhite1288

Twhite1288 wrote:

Find the proper kext, see if it installs. If not try to find a m1-2-3 capable version

If you're suggesting installing an Intel-only kernel extension on an Apple Silicon Mac, there is no point in doing that. Rosetta 2 is only for application code – there is no support for running system code under translation.

Anything in system space needs to be using the type of machine code that's native for the host machine.

how would I connect my Xbox One s elite controller to my Mac air m2 so I could play video games?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.