Differences between watching Apple+ TV between MacBook and a Windows Laptop...

Why is that on my Windows laptop I can watch shows and movies without them aborting after a few minutes and I do not get a message saying content is restricted and I can go into Settings and change restrictions but on my MacBook videos abort mid play and changing the restrictions to Universal is ignored?

I have to say the Apple+ app is very diabolic and not as good as Disney+ or Netflix when it comes to ease of use. The content is superior so it is a shame to feel irritated instead of enjoying it. Steve Jobs would not have put up with this crap!

MacBook, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 14, 2023 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 5:54 AM

Macs need macOS 10.15 Catalina or later to have access to the Apple TV app on that device. Earlier version (as listed below your post) would need to check if the web version at tv.apple.com works for them. If old version Safari doesn’t play nice, then try Firefox or Chrome, which have more recent versions.

Windows computers would also be advised to use the web interface at tv.apple.com. Although there is a preview release of an actual Apple TV app for Windows 10 or 11, that seems to work quite well in its current incarnation.

Watch Apple TV+ in a web browser - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2023 5:54 AM in response to chick257

Macs need macOS 10.15 Catalina or later to have access to the Apple TV app on that device. Earlier version (as listed below your post) would need to check if the web version at tv.apple.com works for them. If old version Safari doesn’t play nice, then try Firefox or Chrome, which have more recent versions.

Windows computers would also be advised to use the web interface at tv.apple.com. Although there is a preview release of an actual Apple TV app for Windows 10 or 11, that seems to work quite well in its current incarnation.

Watch Apple TV+ in a web browser - Apple Support

Differences between watching Apple+ TV between MacBook and a Windows Laptop...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.