In FindMy app, my MB Air is not seen/discoverableCan you help, please?

I replaced my old MacBook Pro with a MacBook Air. The MB Pro is still visible in FindMy app, but not the MB Air. Can you help, please?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Hi there,

Try this to add your Mac to find my

If you’ve already set up Find My on this Mac, you don’t need to complete this task.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click [your name] at the top of the sidebar. If you can’t see your name, click Sign in with your Apple ID to enter your Apple ID or to create one.
  2. Click iCloud on the right, then click Find My Mac.
  3. If Find My Mac isn’t in the list, click Show All.
  4. Click Turn On, then click Allow when asked to allow Find My Mac to use the location of your Mac.
  5. Click Done.
  6. If the Find My icon in iCloud settings has a warning badge , make sure you turned on Location Services and Find My in Privacy & Security settings.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 1:59 PM in response to Scottingtonb

Hi there,

Try this to add your Mac to find my

If you’ve already set up Find My on this Mac, you don’t need to complete this task.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click [your name] at the top of the sidebar. If you can’t see your name, click Sign in with your Apple ID to enter your Apple ID or to create one.
  2. Click iCloud on the right, then click Find My Mac.
  3. If Find My Mac isn’t in the list, click Show All.
  4. Click Turn On, then click Allow when asked to allow Find My Mac to use the location of your Mac.
  5. Click Done.
  6. If the Find My icon in iCloud settings has a warning badge , make sure you turned on Location Services and Find My in Privacy & Security settings.

In FindMy app, my MB Air is not seen/discoverableCan you help, please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.