You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Procreate files haven’t transferred to new ipad

Hi,

I have been running an iPad Air 3rd generation since it was new, and I purchased a 5th generation today. I have iCloud+ and have selected everything like photos, files, procreate etc to be backed up. I used the iCloud to set up my new ipad, and it transferred everything APART from all of my Procreate canvases and brushes.

when I go into my iCloud settings on my air 3 it says that procreate is selected, yet when I check, there are no Procreate files anywhere! I have no idea why this isn’t transferring as everything else has. I have attached screenshots from my old ipad that show procreate is selected for iCloud back ups. I am so confused!

thanks in advance!

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 2:08 PM

1 reply

Sep 16, 2023 1:26 PM in response to Katwhysalltattoos

Hey Katwhysalltattoos,

From the Procreate FAQ - "Currently, iCloud syncing is not available with Procreate or Procreate Pocket. Given the average size of a Procreate document, multiplied by however many you have in your Gallery, this could rapidly consume your entire iCloud space allowance. We're investigating the possibility of iCloud synching in the future. Currently you can import and export from/to iCloud Drive from Procreate and Procreate Pocket."

They recommend creating a backup via computer, then restoring the backup to your new device: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have further questions, we recommend reaching out to Procreate support: How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Take care.

iCloud Procreate files haven’t transferred to new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.