Not all contact fields are syncing between my Macbook and iPhone.

Some Apple Contacts on my iPhone are missing critical fields. In other words, not all fields are syncing between my MacBook and my iPhone. This is true of only some contacts -- not all. This is extremely inconvenient when I need to look up critical contact information and my laptop is not nearby. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a fix??

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 7:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2023 8:11 PM

pettifog Said:

"Not all contact fields are syncing between my Macbook and iPhone. Some Apple Contacts on my iPhone are missing critical fields.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Missing iPhone Contacts:

Enable Contacts in iCloud:

Is Contacts enabled in iCloud on your iPhone's settings? If not, then enable it, seeing if they all come back. If so, then disabled it, and then enable it, seeing if they all come back. 

On the iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green in-color)

B. Also, Try the Following:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2023 8:11 PM in response to pettifog

pettifog Said:

"Not all contact fields are syncing between my Macbook and iPhone. Some Apple Contacts on my iPhone are missing critical fields.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Missing iPhone Contacts:

Enable Contacts in iCloud:

Is Contacts enabled in iCloud on your iPhone's settings? If not, then enable it, seeing if they all come back. If so, then disabled it, and then enable it, seeing if they all come back. 

On the iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green in-color)

B. Also, Try the Following:

Sep 22, 2023 6:30 AM in response to pettifog

pettifog Said:

"Not all contact fields are syncing between my Macbook and iPhone.: It looks like it is fields with custom names are not appearing. This is not true for all contacts -- just some -- others still mirror the custom fields/names I have created on my MacBook.

———-

Getting Contacts to Sync:

Seems the Download Got Interrupted:

• Disable Contacts in iCloud Settings and then reenable it.
  • If that does not work, then log out of iCloud on the device and then log back in, being sure to enable Contacts when you log in.
  • I would also reset the router by powering it off for 30 seconds and then powering back on.
  • You might want to consider performing this on a different network.

Sep 22, 2023 1:26 AM in response to TheLittles

I'm not sure I know what you mean. All of my contacts sync between my MacBook and my iPhone. However: When I open a contact on my MacBook, I see all the fields I have filled in/added/customized, etc. When I open the same contact on my phone, some fields do not appear, so I cannot access critical information that I have included in the contact for reference. It looks like it is fields with custom names are not appearing. This is not true for all contacts -- just some -- others still mirror the custom fields/names I have created on my MacBook.

Not all contact fields are syncing between my Macbook and iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.