scanning with Canon PIXMA MG 2520

I am able to print from the computer, but when I try to scan, I can't connect to the scanner. I have the right driver. Canon thinks it's a security issue with the operating system. This is my first try using the Apple chip. With Intel, it worked fine.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 3:43 PM

To scan, you will want to download the ICA Driver 5.0.0 from the Canon website, you will then use the Image Capture program that is already in your Applications folder for scanning. You will not be able to scan from the buttons on the scanner, but can scan using the Image Capture program.

6 replies

Sep 16, 2023 2:32 PM in response to biff33

biff33 wrote:

I am able to print from the computer, but when I try to scan, I can't connect to the scanner. I have the right driver. Canon thinks it's a security issue with the operating system. This is my first try using the Apple chip. With Intel, it worked fine.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Solve printing problems on Mac

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

If it is listed as AirPrint printer, delete the existing printer in

> System Settings> Printers & Scanners, and add it again, select AirPrint.

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac - Apple Support

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support.

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

about AirPrint

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Sep 16, 2023 3:15 PM in response to biff33

What system were you using on your Intel Mac? If it was earlier than Catalina then some of the scan components may be 32 bit and won't work with any system newer than Mojave. You can see by downloading and using the free GO64 app to see which apps have 32 bit components and limiting their usability.

If all else fails try the demo version of VueScan. It allowed me to use a very old Canon scanner with Catalina and later. I prefer VueScan over the software that came with my new scanners.

You can get VueScan with a one time purchase with no updates (which is OK as it only updates when new scanners are added). If you get a new scanner that isn't covered you may have to purchase again.

scanning with Canon PIXMA MG 2520

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.