You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make Outlook Calendar the default?

I recently installed Outlook on my iPhone and want to use it's calendar

instead of the Calendar app that came with my phone. How to I make the

Outlook calendar my default? When I add appts through Facebook or Siri,

they go to the old Calendar. I want to eventually delete the old app

but I want to make sure I have everything moved over first.

iPhone 13

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 8:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 7:02 AM

Thanks. I had tried that. In Default Calendar, under Outlook I have Birthdays, Calendar (this has a checkmark next to it), and United States holidays. Under ICLOUD I have Calendar-Public Calendar and Eventbrite. No matter which Calendar I select, my appts go to my old Calendar app. Do I need to do something to get Outlook 365 calendar added to this list so I can select it?

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 19, 2023 7:02 AM in response to 1ssmith

Thanks. I had tried that. In Default Calendar, under Outlook I have Birthdays, Calendar (this has a checkmark next to it), and United States holidays. Under ICLOUD I have Calendar-Public Calendar and Eventbrite. No matter which Calendar I select, my appts go to my old Calendar app. Do I need to do something to get Outlook 365 calendar added to this list so I can select it?

Sep 18, 2023 8:15 AM in response to arnold931

Hello arnold931,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

You can set outlook as your default calendar in settings. Once you to do that, it should sync to your Outlook app. This would require both the Outlook app and Calendar app.

"Set a default calendar

You can set one of your calendars as the default calendar. When you add an event using Siri or other apps, it’s added to your default calendar.

1. Go to Settings  > Calendar > Default Calendar.
  2. Select the calendar you want to use as your default calendar."

Additional details can be found here: Set up multiple calendars on iPhone

You can also leave feedback for Apple regarding this by going to Feedback - Calendar - Apple

Cheers!

How to make Outlook Calendar the default?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.