Synching iPhone 13 with Volkswagon 2023 Jetta

My 2023 VW Jetta was playing my iPhone 13 music from my iTunes. Yesterday it stopped. Now my car does not recognize my phone. I do not know how to fix it.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 5:44 PM

walkaholic Said:

"Synching iPhone 13 with Volkswagon 2023 Jetta: My 2023 VW Jetta was playing my iPhone 13 music from my iTunes. Yesterday it stopped. Now my car does not recognize my phone. I do not know how to fix it."

-------

Troubleshooting CarPlay:

A. Driver's Manual:

Read your driver's manual to find out more about syncing this.

B. Re-Pair the iPhone:

Remove the iPhone from the car (if already paired), and then perform this paring session.

C. Try Being in Park:

For many, they must have their automobile in park to get this to all pair.

D. Visit this Link: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

E. Note: Usually takes me three tries, being my automobile does not have a log of synced devices.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2023 5:44 PM in response to walkaholic

walkaholic Said:

"Synching iPhone 13 with Volkswagon 2023 Jetta: My 2023 VW Jetta was playing my iPhone 13 music from my iTunes. Yesterday it stopped. Now my car does not recognize my phone. I do not know how to fix it."

-------

Troubleshooting CarPlay:

A. Driver's Manual:

Read your driver's manual to find out more about syncing this.

B. Re-Pair the iPhone:

Remove the iPhone from the car (if already paired), and then perform this paring session.

C. Try Being in Park:

For many, they must have their automobile in park to get this to all pair.

D. Visit this Link: If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

E. Note: Usually takes me three tries, being my automobile does not have a log of synced devices.

Sep 19, 2023 5:13 PM in response to walkaholic

"My phone doesn't even show up so I can't delete it and start again. On my car play in settings the wheel just spins and spins."

-------

Perform an Update:

A. Update the iPhone:

iOS7 Is now available. So, try updating it to that, seeing if that fixes this. Important: Be certain to create a backup of your iPhone prior to bring it in. That way, you can have something to restore your iPhone from, should anything go wrong after the update insta.

B. Instal Firmware Update on the Car:

See if there is a way it install firmware update on the car's stereo.

Synching iPhone 13 with Volkswagon 2023 Jetta

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.