Self Assigned IP address on LAN

How to overcome the below issue on LAN?

P.S :- Once I restart my mac or re insert the type C to LAN adapter , the issue gets solved.

MacBook, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 8:55 PM

Your network router, your local network connection, or your DHCP server (usually resident in the router in smaller networks) is not working as expected.

If you have more than one router active, you may or will need to set up IP subnet routing.

Could also be a bad cable or bad wired connection, or—particularly if you are using Wi-Fi—signal interference.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2023 8:55 PM in response to Amer_Rehan

Your network router, your local network connection, or your DHCP server (usually resident in the router in smaller networks) is not working as expected.

If you have more than one router active, you may or will need to set up IP subnet routing.

Could also be a bad cable or bad wired connection, or—particularly if you are using Wi-Fi—signal interference.

Sep 18, 2023 8:55 AM in response to Amer_Rehan

Amer_Rehan wrote:

How can I update the drivers in MacOS ?

Other than by updating macOS itself, you can’t uodate the drivers in macOS. Not in macOS itself. You can download whatever the newest drivers for that NIC might be, if there are any. It’s not clewr here if it’s that NIC, or a restart bug in macOS. The folks maintaining the NIC are usually the best contact, though. Or replacing the NIC.

Self Assigned IP address on LAN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.