You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A vicious bug in Mac OS Ventura that still exist now and require immediate fix

A huge number of Chinese user are reporting that Mac OS Ventura, including the latest updates of it, had a vicious bug associated with the simplified Chinese input that just freezes the whole system immediately and can only be fixed by terminating the 'Chinese simplified input' process in activity monitoring, which is almost impossible to do under the influence of the bug. This bug tend to occur when too many activities are stored into the memory. Too many cases are presented and I have experienced this bug at least 10 times after I got my new MacBook Air 15. I believe that such bug is intolerable and dramatically destroys the otherwise smooth experience of Mac OS. I hope apple take this seriously since it had existed for almost a year and there's nothing done about it.

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 8:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 9:24 PM

Harryyuan wrote:

A huge number of Chinese user are reporting that Mac OS Ventura, including the latest updates of it, had a vicious bug associated with the simplified Chinese input that just freezes the whole system immediately and can only be fixed by terminating the 'Chinese simplified input' process in activity monitoring, which is almost impossible to do under the influence of the bug. This bug tend to occur when too many activities are stored into the memory. Too many cases are presented and I have experienced this bug at least 10 times after I got my new MacBook Air 15. I believe that such bug is intolerable and dramatically destroys the otherwise smooth experience of Mac OS. I hope apple take this seriously since it had existed for almost a year and there's nothing done about it.

To be proactive you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.2

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 18, 2023 9:24 PM in response to Harryyuan

Harryyuan wrote:

To be proactive you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.5.2

A vicious bug in Mac OS Ventura that still exist now and require immediate fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.