Apple Watch Ultra distance wrong after watchOS 10 update

I’ve ran the same 5K for almost 3 years- 148 times. In that time, I’ve had 3 Apple Watches and went though numerous software updates. Never, not once, has distance been incorrect. I updated to watchOS 10 yesterday and today, my 3.1 mile run reported as 2.86 miles. I have never needed to calibrate my watch except when I first started running 3 years ago. Totally not cool, apple. Not cool.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Ultra, watchOS 10

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 4:23 AM

6 replies

Oct 31, 2023 11:23 PM in response to ijurevich

Same distance issue with Apple Watch Ultra with 10.0 & 10.1, but much more extreme - and it mainly seems to be confined to the Workout app without iPhone.

Latest case:

• Apple Watch Ultra with WatchOS 10.1 and no iPhone
  • Ran 5km with others (using Garmin & Apple Watch with WatchOS9)
  • Workout app measured **only 2.0km**. Workout map showed a single point.
  • BUT: FitIV app automatically imported the workout from Apple Health and showed the correct 5km distance and the full route on the map. Weird!
  • During the run, GPS seemed to be reporting correct location. But distance was way too low.
  • When I export from FitIV to Strava, Strava also shows the correct map, but a slightly difference distance compared to FitIV (5.06km vs 4.92km). 🙄

Apple Watch Ultra distance wrong after watchOS 10 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.