Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

What do the metal stud on the wriste band do?

Hi

What does the metal stud on the wristband do?

I would like to get my mother an Apple watch to help her monitor her blood pressure and overall health. She is overweight and wants to lose weight. So she currently working out to better her health. Because of her weight issue, she has large wrists, and the standard wristband is too small to fit around her wrist. So I figured I could get a larger after-market wristband, but I noticed they do not have the metal stud on them.

So can anyone provide a clear explanation of what the metal stud does and if it's needed to monitoring health metrics like blood pressure.

Thanks for your help.

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2023 10:51 AM

I don’t have that band handy to take a look but it’s not to monitor anything, if that’s your concern. That all gets done on the watch case. The back of the watch . I believe this metal is just to close the band; a pin to go into the holes. For example other Apple straps (magnetic closure etc) don’t have this metal

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2023 10:51 AM in response to gf0rce1

I don’t have that band handy to take a look but it’s not to monitor anything, if that’s your concern. That all gets done on the watch case. The back of the watch . I believe this metal is just to close the band; a pin to go into the holes. For example other Apple straps (magnetic closure etc) don’t have this metal

Sep 20, 2023 11:43 AM in response to Vancouver22

Vancouver22 wrote:

+1

Just supporting your correct response.

What do the metal stud on the wriste band do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.