reset iOS 17 Standby clock?

The time in my iOS 17 Standby clock shows the time in Cupertino. I am a few time zones away. How do I reset the Standby clock to my time zone?

The Standby calendar is correct.

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 9:16 AM

There are multiple clock widgets. When you go to the widget list and select "Clock," you'll see "Clock I," "Clock II," "Clock III," and then "City I," "City II," "City III," and others. Apple, in their Infinite Loop wisdom, decided to make "City I" the default, set to Cupertino, instead of doing the intelligent thing and making "Clock I" the default, so it would automatically show the same time as the device itself, and would automatically change along with the device time when traveling etc.

So what you really want to do is delete the default "City I" widget, and then install the "Clock I" widget.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 9:16 AM in response to R_55a

There are multiple clock widgets. When you go to the widget list and select "Clock," you'll see "Clock I," "Clock II," "Clock III," and then "City I," "City II," "City III," and others. Apple, in their Infinite Loop wisdom, decided to make "City I" the default, set to Cupertino, instead of doing the intelligent thing and making "Clock I" the default, so it would automatically show the same time as the device itself, and would automatically change along with the device time when traveling etc.

So what you really want to do is delete the default "City I" widget, and then install the "Clock I" widget.

reset iOS 17 Standby clock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.