Can you transfer AppleCare after upgrading to new iPhone?

I purchased iPhone 14 pro max in Oct 2022 on Apple finance plan but paid in full for AppleCare . So I have more than a year care left on my phone. Now I plan to upgrade to iPhone 15pro max , will upgrading to iPhone 15 pro max transfer my AppleCare as well? If now then my money goes wasted which I already paid upfront to Apple.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 10:43 AM

No, the plans are not transferrable. You cancel the plan you have on your iPhone, then buy a new plan for the new iPhone. Apple will refund any money for the portion of the plan you have, which is unused.

See this link --> Cancel or change the payment method for your AppleCare plan - Apple Support

If you are in the US, you can call Apple directly at: 800-MY-APPLE and ask for AppleCare Plan Administration.

Do NOT cancel your current plan until you receive your new iPhone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2023 10:43 AM in response to pradeepkumar1982

No, the plans are not transferrable. You cancel the plan you have on your iPhone, then buy a new plan for the new iPhone. Apple will refund any money for the portion of the plan you have, which is unused.

See this link --> Cancel or change the payment method for your AppleCare plan - Apple Support

If you are in the US, you can call Apple directly at: 800-MY-APPLE and ask for AppleCare Plan Administration.

Do NOT cancel your current plan until you receive your new iPhone.

Can you transfer AppleCare after upgrading to new iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.