Since yesterdays upgrade to Ventura 13.5.2 on my M1 I have lost the blue dot indicating new emails

I have a M1 Mac with Ventura which automatically upgraded to 13.5.2. Now on Inbox on Mail it no longer indicates unread mail with the dot on the side. How do I get it back? I have arranged for unread emails to be in Bold but that is not good enough for me. I miss the DOT.

iMac 24″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 1:35 PM

ruth2011 wrote:

I have a M1 Mac with Ventura which automatically upgraded to 13.5.2. Now on Inbox on Mail it no longer indicates unread mail with the dot on the side. How do I get it back? I have arranged for unread emails to be in Bold but that is not good enough for me. I miss the DOT.

quit Mail and relaunched it and compare your results?

quit Mail and hold down the Shift key when launching it and compare your results?

Shut the Mac down and restart it more than once and compare your results?

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2023 1:35 PM in response to ruth2011

ruth2011 wrote:

quit Mail and relaunched it and compare your results?

quit Mail and hold down the Shift key when launching it and compare your results?

Shut the Mac down and restart it more than once and compare your results?

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Since yesterdays upgrade to Ventura 13.5.2 on my M1 I have lost the blue dot indicating new emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.