Apple Watch OS10 battery life?

Just updated my Apple Watch SE to OS10, battery seems to be draining faster than before. . . any ideas on extending battery life?

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 21, 2023 1:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2023 11:45 AM

I just did the update to 10.1 on my Apple Watch and now the battery is dead within 4 hours when it was lasting the entire day before the update.

Does anyone have any update on what Apple is doing to correct this and how soon it will come?

This Watch and all it's functions are a constant tool I use throughout my day and I don't want to start looking for a different option.

Does Apple monitor this discussion thread?

32 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2023 11:45 AM in response to Casual_apple_fan

I just did the update to 10.1 on my Apple Watch and now the battery is dead within 4 hours when it was lasting the entire day before the update.

Does anyone have any update on what Apple is doing to correct this and how soon it will come?

This Watch and all it's functions are a constant tool I use throughout my day and I don't want to start looking for a different option.

Does Apple monitor this discussion thread?

Oct 13, 2023 8:54 AM in response to Kezzer90

A couple of things that I don't care for on the update:

1. Battery drains quicker (phone and watch)
  2. When pressing the digital crown to get to things, it always goes back to the top. It didn't used to do that. Now you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get to workouts
  3. You now have to press the side button to get to the menu to turn on DND, or to ping your watch. I much prefer just swiping up on the face.

Nov 3, 2023 8:26 AM in response to KSinKS

Hi all,

I have same issue regarding my Apple Watch. All started it from update to ios 10.1, I have 89% battery health and I have done this:

1. Erase everything and restore from backup… not working.
  2. Erase everything and setup as new watch…. Not working
  3. No background apps running…. Not working.
  4. Optimises Battery charging on and fully charged….. not working.
  5. Optimises Batteries Charging off and let it totally drain out battery…. Not working.
  6. Watch on hand during night…. Not working.
  7. Watch off hand during night next to bed. Phone 10 meter from the watch… not working.
  8. Watch next to phone over night … Working.

So to let the watch working I need to lay the watch down next to phone and don’t touch.

I have around 3 hours battery life when I have fully charged the watch. This is something Apple needs to fix. My wife have same series of watch but with e-sim and that is working fine.

Best regards, Kristjan

Sep 21, 2023 2:21 PM in response to Casual_apple_fan

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

Nov 2, 2023 6:23 AM in response to Kim1578

This seems to be an application compatibility issue with the new software upgrade. I had to remove two applications before the issue was fixed. The two applications which I removed are MobeyFaces and Weather Live. Once I removed these two applications, my watch has returned back to its normal battery consumption rate and I can go two days without charging my watch battery.

Apple Watch OS10 battery life?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.