Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Weather Complications not working watchOS 10 Update

Since upgrading to WatchOS 10, the weather complications do not work.

I have tried several different weather apps but none work.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2024 8:54 AM

Can confirm the new "bug" (watchOS 10.3) with weather not working has to do with Wi-Fi on the phone/watch.

Turning off Wi-Fi on the phone and forcing phone/watch to use cellular allows the weather complication to load properly. Noticed the issue was only happening at home and not when out running errands or at work where I'd be on cellular.

This is a new/distinct bug compared to the older issue that was occuring in the Fall. Really frustrating Apple can't get this right considering how important this feature is.

205 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2024 8:54 AM in response to alcheme

Can confirm the new "bug" (watchOS 10.3) with weather not working has to do with Wi-Fi on the phone/watch.

Turning off Wi-Fi on the phone and forcing phone/watch to use cellular allows the weather complication to load properly. Noticed the issue was only happening at home and not when out running errands or at work where I'd be on cellular.

This is a new/distinct bug compared to the older issue that was occuring in the Fall. Really frustrating Apple can't get this right considering how important this feature is.

Jan 12, 2024 9:37 AM in response to alcheme

I have this same problem, but I noticed that it only happens at home. If I turn off my WiFi on my iPhone 15 Pro Max, the weather loads immediately on the watch (Ultra 1). I turn WiFi back on, and the weather stops working again immediately. Obviously, leaving WiFi off isn’t an option, so this isn’t a fix as much as a diagnostic.

Dec 25, 2023 10:58 AM in response to alcheme

I found a solution! If you pull up Control Center (click on the long ‘pill’ button below the rotating crown dial), you can turn on WiFi. When you do, launch the Weather app. Because you activated the WiFi, the Apple Watch is triggered to detect location when you open the Weather app again. It has worked for me every time (you can turn off WiFi after your current location is detected).

Sep 22, 2023 3:48 PM in response to alcheme

Same here. Stopped working last night and still not updating this morning. Phone (14 Pro) and watch (Watch 9) both updated to 17.0.1 and 10.0.1 respectively. The little weather widget (when I scroll up) also not updating and showing dashes. I have tried resetting (holding crown and side button) and restarting several times. No luck.

Jan 9, 2024 9:12 AM in response to alcheme

What's even more frustrating than trying, like, a dozen fixes that don't work is the fact that my watch weather app occasionally works perfectly.

Yesterday I checked it and all the data was there and working normally. I hadn't changed anything about my watch in days. Then a couple hours later the Weather app failed like usual, again with no changes to my watch. Arg!

Sep 22, 2023 6:17 PM in response to SC::UK

Quick update (of my situation):

Summary - this may be to do with 12 vs. 24 hour clock settings.

Detail: All my Apple devices are set to Australia for the region, which defaults to 12hr clock. I change all devices to display/use 24hr clock. Watch was the same, and assumed it was set that way. Noticed just now that Weather widget in dock (scroll crown up function) was showing 12hr clock. Can't change this on the watch, but in the Watch app on the iPhone I went into 'Clock' settings and noticed 24hr clock was toggled off (no idea why). Turned 24hr back on and all the weather complications updated immediately and the widgets showed 24hr clock again. So that seems to have fixed it for me.

Mar 1, 2024 9:19 AM in response to alcheme

Same here. I had an issue with the iPhone 15 pro max and wifi 6e in October of 2023. The initial iOS software disconnected from the network on iOS 17.0.1 until iOS 17.2. That has been fixed, but now I have a watch that refuses to load data on secure wifi networks. I thought maybe it was Wi-Fi 6e again, but it happens on any network that requires a password, whether the watch remembers or leashes Wi-Fi. If I join a public network am not on a protected wifi network, or am on cellular only, I have zero problems. I first noticed it with the many weather complications, then I decided to attempt to update an app in the watch app store exclusively on the watch, and it wouldn't load.

Strangely, I get texts, but all other data, including watch OS and third-party apps, do not work. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried to load data when this is happening outside of the weather app? I wasn't even able to do support diagnostics over the phone, the watch just said 'connecting' and refused to connect even though it is paired and I can see things like how much storage I am using currently (that doesn't require data, but Bluetooth sharing with the phone).

It seems to be a glitch in how data is processed when on protected, wifi networks. Currently on the most stable release of all Apple devices. Attempting to escalate to engineering because I've all but ruled out hardware at this time and a new watch will not resolve the issue.

Sep 25, 2023 4:51 AM in response to alcheme

I wish I had seen this but...

Over the weekend I decided to wipe the watch and reload 10.0.1 (I did not even restore a backup) the weather app still did not work, but after about 3 hours I got a message on the watch that it had updated my 911 emergency location and after I accepted the message, once I did that, I noticed that my weather complications started to work...

I will not talk here about my 5 hour conversation with apple support on Sunday (will post in another thread) but lets just say... there are a LOT of bugs I CONFIRMED in 10.0.1 and 17.0.1

Thanks!

Gary

Weather Complications not working watchOS 10 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.