Got charged for free Apple Arcade trial in new iPad

I just got a new ipad and was trying to get apple arcade. I clicked on the app store, saw the option that said 3 MONTHS FREE TRIAL THEN $_____ every month. I made sure to go on websites and checked, which did confirm that buying new devices grant you a 3 month subscription. I authorized and got charged even though the description of the purchase said 3-months free. Bruh. Blatantly false description. Give me a refund.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 1:43 PM

Hello vvsz,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. This article goes over how to manage your subscriptions, report a problem, and handle your billing information right from your devices: Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

To request a refund, check out this link: Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

If you still need help with your account, please reach out to Apple's billing experts here: Get Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 1:43 PM in response to vvsz

Hello vvsz,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. This article goes over how to manage your subscriptions, report a problem, and handle your billing information right from your devices: Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

To request a refund, check out this link: Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

If you still need help with your account, please reach out to Apple's billing experts here: Get Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Sep 27, 2023 5:54 AM in response to vvsz

Apple run a funds availability check when you start a free trial, to ensure that your account it set up properly to maintain the subscription if you don't cancel it. Some financial institutions temporarily record these as completed transactions, which can lead to some confusion. Note too you might not be eligible for a free trial of a given service if you've already had a trial of that service in the past.

tt2

Jan 13, 2024 9:40 PM in response to vvsz

VVSC; 1•13•2024

We purchased new iPhone15s today from AT&T for $5.99 x 24 mos. contract which is a GREAT DEAL. $929 (their value) phones for approx. $144. Pretty Good Deal‼️

You worded your description PERFECTLY!! Like you said, we’re not disputing the $8.99 charge, but not until AFTER the three months ‘Trial Period’!! If they want to charge us a $1 just so they know we’ve provided them a working account, that’s fine too, but they need to let us know so IF we see a $1 charge on our account, WE know where/why it’s there!!

They want their money upfront, but heaven forbid we need a refund, we gotta wait months cuz if you cancel before the 3/mos. you lose ANY or ALL remaining trial time!!! How fair is that?

They’re counting on people forgetting to cnx. a few days before the TRIAL PERIOD ends

Jan 14, 2024 1:14 AM in response to KCsCommunities

As I said above Apple will make an availability check on your registered payment method at the start of the free trial to confirm that it is set up correctly and that they will be able to take funds on the renewal date that follows the trial. This is not a completed transaction, although some financial institutions may temporarily show it as such.

tt2

Got charged for free Apple Arcade trial in new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.