Bluetooth pairing - Iphone 12 and Mac Book Air (2023)

My iPhone 12 Pro shows my Mac Book Air (2023) in the list of devices in Bluetooth settings but when I select the Mac Book it says "Pairing Unsuccessful, Mac Book Air is not supported" - Why, what can I do?

MacBook Air 15″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 6:34 PM

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and a Mac is not supported. 

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Work seamlessly across all your devices - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

And see the information in: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2023 6:34 PM in response to Pappy329

Bluetooth pairing an iPhone and a Mac is not supported. 

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Work seamlessly across all your devices - Apple Support

Also see Share files between your Mac and Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

And see the information in: Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or … - Apple Community

Bluetooth pairing - Iphone 12 and Mac Book Air (2023)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.