iPhone 13 battery drain after IOS 17

my iPhone 13 is draining faster after IOS 17. How to get the resolution for this. Now I got new update IOS 17.0.1 will this upgrade fix the battery issue.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 7:15 AM

My iPhone 13 Pro Max after update to iOS 17.0.1 has been rendered totally useless. I can’t believe I have a useless phone. The battery drain after this update is lightening speed drain. My battery lasted all day with use. Now if it last a couple of hours I’m lucky. What can I do. This is unacceptable. I can’t believe apple did this.

92 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2023 7:15 AM in response to nagendra_mucharla

My iPhone 13 Pro Max after update to iOS 17.0.1 has been rendered totally useless. I can’t believe I have a useless phone. The battery drain after this update is lightening speed drain. My battery lasted all day with use. Now if it last a couple of hours I’m lucky. What can I do. This is unacceptable. I can’t believe apple did this.

Oct 9, 2023 11:25 AM in response to nagendra_mucharla

(iPhone 14 Pro, battery health still 100%, device is 6 months old) The last month installing iOS 17 to 17.0.3 were the only software changes on my phone. Battery life went down from around 36 hours to appr 17 - 19 hours hours. Take it off the charger around 06.30 am and get a low battery warning around 11.30 pm!! My daily usage didn't change significantly. Since IOS 17 I must charge my phone on a daily basis. I ultimately did a full factory reset and dit NOT use a backup file. Battery life did not improve. Before this factory reset I disabled some GPS/location settings. Screen on time is 3,5 hours. Safari is on top of the battery usage list, 22% battery usage for 35 minutes!!!

Feature/bug wise I'm very happy with IOS 17...battery wise absolutely not. I'm currently in the process of switching off all kinds of features. Reminds me of one of the Samsung S line devices with a bad battery life...switch of features to make it through the day.

Mar 6, 2024 10:11 PM in response to nagendra_mucharla

I have exactly the same. This is ridiculous. It's the same with my MacBook after installing Mac OS Sonoma. I am really considering leaving the Apple ecosystem. I own Apple devices with a value way north of 5,000 USD and I always bought the biggest version especially for battery life, and Apple just managed to destroy that value within a few weeks with bad software updates. For anyone having the same issues with the iPhone: Check out the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra. Looks like a way better way to go. Apple is not what it once was.

Sep 22, 2023 11:18 PM in response to nagendra_mucharla

The measure of battery health deterioration/drainage is subjective and can vary depending on individual usage patterns and not iOS version updates. There is no universal standard to determine whether the battery health deterioration/drainage is normal or abnormal because it heavily relies on how the battery is used and maintained.

Protect & Prolong the Life of your iPhone's Battery:

1. About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch ...
  2. Batteries - Maximising Performance - Apple (IN)
  3. iPhone Battery and Performance

Try some of these options too.

To prolong the life of your iPhone battery, you can follow these tips and best practices:

To prolong the life of your iPhone battery, you can follow these tips and best practices:

1. Optimize Battery Charging: Enable the "Optimized Battery Charging" feature on your iPhone. It helps reduce the wear on the battery by slowing down the battery aging process. You can find this option in Settings > Battery > Battery Health. About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support (IN)
  2. Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Extreme temperatures, both hot and cold, can negatively impact your battery life. Avoid exposing your iPhone to excessive heat or cold, such as leaving it in direct sunlight or in a freezing car.If your iPhone or iPad gets too hot or too cold – Apple Support (UK)
  3. Use Original Chargers and Cables: Always use Apple's original chargers and cables or certified third-party accessories. Low-quality chargers or cables can damage the battery and reduce its lifespan. Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories - Apple Support (IN)
  4. Avoid Draining the Battery to Zero: Charge it whenever the charge becomes lower than 20%. The rest is up to you when to charge. how long to charge, how often to charge, which adapter to use starting from 5W to 140W USB-C Power Adapter etc.

iPhone 13 battery drain after IOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.