Related Article: Apple security releases

Why I can’t update my software and face id was disabled

When i charge my iphone and when i check it .if is fullcharge my phone was block I did not open.. and i was be able to check it to the nearest phone repair.. and they said the problem is on the battery. And they replace it.. but the battery is not original.. why my phone affect depth camera and my face i.d doesn’t work now last yesterday it works! and can’t update my software?? What is the problem!??can u please help me?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 4:01 AM

This Support article is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice or an issue with the TrueDepth camera. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Unless a software update solves the problem you may need to have Apple take a look at your device. Use this link to set up an appointment —> Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple and this one to get a repair estimate —> iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2023 4:01 AM in response to jee23

This Support article is specific to seeing a 'disabled' Face ID alert, and explains what to do when you see that notice or an issue with the TrueDepth camera. --> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Unless a software update solves the problem you may need to have Apple take a look at your device. Use this link to set up an appointment —> Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple and this one to get a repair estimate —> iPhone Repair & Service - Apple Support

Why I can’t update my software and face id was disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.