Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone Calendar Search not working iOS 17.0.2

Updated my 15pro to 17.0.2 and I can no longer search in the calendar app. No matter what I search for, it comes up with “no results”

My calendar has successfully transferred all appointments, but nothing will come up in a search

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2024 6:46 AM

There’s an even simpler fix:

Settings > Siri & Search > Calendar

Toggle “Show Content in Search” off, and then back on.

This basically does the same thing to reestablish calendar search without actually needing to delete it.

142 replies

Oct 1, 2023 12:24 PM in response to keldwink

I was having the exact same issue with a new iPhone 15 Pro Max running iOS 17.0.2. This is what worked for me:

Settings>Calendar>Accounts (select the account with the calendar you are having issues searching. I chose iCloud)>iCloud>under Apps Using iCloud select Show All>Select iCloud Calendar>Toggle off Use on This iPhone>Select Delete from my iPhone>Wait 1 minute then toggle back on. Calendars will come back from your iCloud. Give it some time and search will begin working again.

Sep 24, 2023 1:35 AM in response to DavidCowler

I managed to fix from this answer. Might help for you also

“I was just on the phone with Apple support about this same issue and here is the fix that they gave me that worked: Settings>Mail>Account (select the correct account)>Calendar

then toggle OFF calendar. It asks if you want to delete the account and you accept. After about a minute, toggle it back on, and the calendar entries will start repopulating, and the search function will start working. Depending on how many calendar entries you have, it will take a while to update, but I have thousands and it updated in less than one hour. Search function works again.”

Oct 1, 2023 6:56 PM in response to ARPU99

I have tried this. Step by step. What is ‘some time’? I’ve already waited an hour. Nothing for the last 2 yrs is coming up and I still haven’t figured out how to log out of my calendar and back in. It’s frustrating as I don’t have these appts written anywhere else and as one might assume they are pretty important and not just checkups. :( I’m too old for this nonsense. It hasn’t worked for days. Thx for reaching out, you’re very nice.

Feb 23, 2024 1:38 PM in response to Osiris Ani

Thank you so much!! @Osiris this was soooo helpful. I did not want to delete my calendar. My iCloud is maxed and I was afraid the data might not repopulate. I followed your instructions and voila! the calendar search is back working! This was truly the simplest fix!!! Cuz the search not working on my calendar was really getting annoying.

Sep 24, 2023 12:39 AM in response to SravanKrA

There was already an existing issue with searching in the calendars which has been going on for over a year, and that is the fact that if you edit an entry in the search results, that change isn’t reflected in the search results when iOS takes you back to that screen after the edit. This makes it confusing to see if you’ve edited or not (I typically need to change several and I can’t see where I’ve got to).

But for this new issue, bear this in mind:

It’s a new version of iOS on a new iPhone model. There’s always issues like this every time new iPhones are released. We’ll just have to wait for Apple to release iOS 17.0.3 to fix it.

Nov 13, 2023 6:57 PM in response to Halotop

Hi Stu,

These steps work because your calendar data is synced with iCloud (or another cloud service). Turning the sync off will delete the data from your iPhone, but not from the cloud. Turning it back on syncs the data back.

If you haven't already, first update your iPhone to iOS 17.1.1. That might solve any issues without having to take any other steps.

Nov 15, 2023 1:07 PM in response to keldwink

I tried to follow your advice, but I guess I screwed up & have since did a restore. Please answer these questions:

1. Do/did you keep your calendar sync'd with iCloud? (I do not...it's sync'd with Microsoft Outlook).
  2. Which account do you delete? I deleted my gmail account, which didn't help & I had to add it back in. The only other account that I have is iCloud. I haven't tried deleting it, but will that work because my calendars aren't sync'd with iCloud.
  3. If not, should I sync calendars with iCloud, delete calendars from iCloud & delete account, then sign in to iCloud again?

Sorry, but I'm very confused.

Nov 14, 2023 3:04 AM in response to Halotop

Hi Stu,

If iCloud storage is maxed out, that can cause a variety of issues with synced data.

Check Settings > your name > iCloud . Show All > iCloud Calendar to see if it's on. If it isn't, these steps wouldn't't help.

iCloud storage, if you're on the basic 5GB plan, can be increased 10x to 50GB for USD$.99/month. Other plan pricing is here: iCloud+ plans and pricing - Apple Support. Increasing your space might resolve issues.

Before attempting anything, it's good policy to back up to a computer: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you don't have a computer you can back up to, increased iCloud storage would be important so that iCloud backups work properly, and synced data (such as Contacts, Calendars, Photos (if enabled) Health, and more, work properly.

Jack

Sep 24, 2023 12:27 AM in response to DavidCowler

Updating iOS on your iPhone should typically not alter the fundamental functionality of the device. It's possible that there were underlying issues before this update, which you might not have been aware of previously or might not have noticed.

In general, iOS updates are designed to enhance the user experience, improve security, and fix bugs, rather than introducing major disruptions to core features. The reported issue of the screen flickering and displaying a white screen after an update is likely caused by factors that are not explicitly mentioned in your post.

iOS updates primarily focus on improving system performance, introducing new features, fixing bugs, and enhancing security. They are designed to preserve your personal data, settings, and information intact.

During an iOS update, your device's operating system is upgraded, but your personal data, such as contacts, photos, messages, and other information, should remain unchanged. However, it's always a good practice to perform a backup of your device before any major update to ensure that your data is safely stored.

It's important to note that while an iOS update itself should not alter personal details, it's possible that certain features or settings may be adjusted or improved with the update. In such cases, you may need to review and adjust specific settings to match your preferences after the update.

Always make sure to read and understand the update details provided by Apple before proceeding with an iOS update, and follow best practices such as backing up your device to minimize any potential risks or complications.

iPhone Calendar Search not working iOS 17.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.