Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Why is my iPhone 15 Pro screen unresponsive sometimes?

A couple of times today the touchscreen was unresponsive. After a few seconds it did respond,. Anyone else experiencing this

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 5:43 PM

Hi! So I have a 15, not a pro, and it’s doing the same thing.

for all of us to be having this issue, there’s either a bug with the software or it’s the screens at this point.

I can’t even answer calls now. Won’t do anything, no response to my touch.

162 replies

Sep 27, 2023 10:03 AM in response to mickeddie

I have this on a 15 Pro Max. Upper left corner of the screen is often unresponsive. For example, in the Messages app, the upper left Pinned contact won’t respond to touch maybe 1 of 3 attempts. Also the Back arrow in the upper left corner of a message frequently won’t respond to touch.

Have done a forced restart (volume up, down, then hold power until Apple logo comes up.). Still does it.

Sep 23, 2023 12:18 PM in response to mickeddie

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Oct 14, 2023 11:32 AM in response to mickeddie

I returned my iPhone 15 Pro to Apple today after 8 days of use! It occasionally happened again and again that I had to press the back button twice because the first time the display didn't notice that I had pressed it.

Sometimes the A and Q keys were not accepted when typing! Sometimes the "space bar" was not pressed! That's not possible with a new phone for €1330!!! (256GB variant)

I've never experienced anything like this with an iPhone and I've been using iPhones since the iPhone 3GS! It seems to me that the phone was equipped with poor touch displays OR the display edges are excessively thin and this may be causing the problems!

Nov 25, 2023 10:57 AM in response to mickeddie

There's an additional concern regarding the touchscreen response on the right side. Approximately 4mm of the screen is unresponsive. I conducted a test using a painting app, and the issue is evident in the attached picture.

To illustrate, I used a thick white line to mark the screen's edge with a thick brush and then employed a thin brush in red and yellow to highlight the response boundaries. Upon downloading or viewing the picture in full size on an iPhone 15 Pro Max, you'll notice that the response edge on the right side is 4mm away from the actual screen edge, unlike the left side, which aligns well with its screen edge. (The red line indicates the responsive area at the edges.)

Why is my iPhone 15 Pro screen unresponsive sometimes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.