Standby mode world clock stuck on Cupertino time. Will not display correct time zone even if I delete all world clock settings!

This occurred after upgrading to iOS 17.0.1.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 8:35 AM

FGGFL wrote:

I just installed 17.0.2 and the standby time is still locked on Cupertino and will not accept NY time. Any advice?

If you go into edit mode in the widget screen in Standby, you should be able to tap on the clock. It should flip over and you can edit the city. Or, choose a different clock widget that doesn't have "City" in the title.

Note that there is also a clock screen in Standby Mode. Swipe all the way to the right. Very nice clock options. Swipe up and down to see all of them.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2023 8:35 AM in response to FGGFL

FGGFL wrote:

I just installed 17.0.2 and the standby time is still locked on Cupertino and will not accept NY time. Any advice?

If you go into edit mode in the widget screen in Standby, you should be able to tap on the clock. It should flip over and you can edit the city. Or, choose a different clock widget that doesn't have "City" in the title.

Note that there is also a clock screen in Standby Mode. Swipe all the way to the right. Very nice clock options. Swipe up and down to see all of them.

Standby mode world clock stuck on Cupertino time. Will not display correct time zone even if I delete all world clock settings!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.