Is Wi-Fi password visibility disabled in iOS 17 Update?

Since updating to iOS17 I am no longer able to view the wifi password for a network that I am currently connected to. Is there a reason for that?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 23, 2023 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2023 4:10 PM

Nothing on this page explains or helps resolve the issue. I still cannot see a password field for wifi logins

29 replies

Dec 8, 2023 11:40 AM in response to Raicya

OP (and others) can’t see the menu option for ‘password’ to tap as it isn’t visible after update to iOS17.

This seems to be only for passwords//networks shared, not all.

It’s a frustrating update as it doesn’t cater for a user granted shared wifi access needing to add additional devices to the (previously shared) wifi.

Eg staying a friends house, wifi password shared to IOS then later wanting to connect PC laptop or game system to same shared wifi network.

Dec 29, 2023 12:43 PM in response to mryeazel

I can confirm exactly the same behavior: if a password is shared with me then it isn’t visible, but if it’s typed in manually then it’s visible. Seems like a bug. Since all passwords are visible on MacOS anyway, I don’t see how this could be silently addressing some security concern (since in this case it should be addressed on all platforms at once) - so most likely a bug. Apple, please fix it!

Feb 3, 2024 7:09 AM in response to mryeazel

My iPhone is on iOS 17.3. I can see my password by selecting Settings > WiFi then tapping the "i" to the right of that name. Your password will show up as a series of dots.

Tap those dots, and your password will appear. Please note: I am not on iOS 17. I am updated to 17.3. Please try updating your iPhone by selecting Settings > General > Software Update. Follow the prompts to update. Once done, try looking for the password using my steps again.

Is Wi-Fi password visibility disabled in iOS 17 Update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.