Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Keynote 13.2 PDF export issue

Keynote 13.2 won't export transparent shapes correctly to PDF. If you create a shape with a semi-transparent gradient, the export won't show the gradient, but instead a semi-transparent shape. Depending on the size of the object it will even convert the original shape (in my example a round) to a generic square.

The issue won't happen when exporting to images.

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 4:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2024 5:31 AM

Just had a call with Apple, and they don't have any update on this, although there have been multiple reports on this issue. So nothing to do but wait, I'm afraid.

Similar questions

16 replies

Feb 21, 2024 5:06 AM in response to Steve Austin 70

Same issue here. Have been in touch with Apple three times, and there is still no timeline for a new version of Keynote or a fix for this issue. It's incredibly frustrating not being able to downgrade either, as Apple offers no way to do this.

Exporting using the Print-function does not work reliably either. Exporting in Keynote for Web or iOS also has the same bug.

Mar 10, 2024 10:37 AM in response to Steve Austin 70

I posted this in another thread…

This works to some extent. The problem is that single-color text that’s on top of a gradient block changes its vibrancy. In my case, it dramatically shifts the color. So I would imagine that anything other than black or white text is going to see this problem when choosing File > Print.

Apple, please address this

Keynote 13.2 PDF export issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.