Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

apple watch ultra 2 screen flickering

Hello,

i face apple watch ultra 2 strange screen flickering issue. I have timer complication on modular ultra screen. When I run a timer in the background, the screen flickers. When the timer is stopped, flickering stops.

Apple Watch Ultra 2, watchOS 10

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2023 8:07 AM

I just got the apple watch ultra 2 and I am not having the issues of flickering. I got my wife a new series 9 41mm (she likes the smaller watch) the flickering issues is still there. She uses her timer app on her watch alot for medications (eye drops) she uses. So I assume the issus might be due to the timer app. Is that what you guys are seeing.

90 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2023 8:07 AM in response to shaynefrommiddletown

I just got the apple watch ultra 2 and I am not having the issues of flickering. I got my wife a new series 9 41mm (she likes the smaller watch) the flickering issues is still there. She uses her timer app on her watch alot for medications (eye drops) she uses. So I assume the issus might be due to the timer app. Is that what you guys are seeing.

Oct 15, 2023 6:41 AM in response to fosius

My AWU2 has started doing the same screen flicker, only noticed while on ultra modular watch face and always on computations only. Nothing running ie timers as some people say and when screen is always on, happens when you wake screen momentarily.

I presume this is a software issue and Apple will fix eventually.

Managed to get a video and freeze frame of issue, can be any of the computations.

Please fix as I’ve come from a Garmin that had zero issues

Sep 30, 2023 3:20 PM in response to fosius

Came here to say I experience the same flickering when a time is running and display goes into always-on mode. Easily reproducible and Apple shouldn’t be wasting people’s time with unpairing/pairing or erasing routines. It’s baked into 10.0.2 and unless Apple is notified it will continue to be an issue. Beta testers can relay the info. I have confirmed that it’s only with the new modular watch face for Ultra.

Sep 30, 2023 7:45 PM in response to fosius

Same for me. Flickering when the timer is running. And no, rebooting the watch, unpairing and re-pairing, and all the other usual tech support platitudes don’t fix the issue.

I’ve also had my watch randomly reboot itself while just sitting on my wrist. I am also experiencing strange display glitches where various complications intermittently, randomly flash strange colors for a split second.

Oct 4, 2023 4:20 AM in response to fodwyer

I got an ultra 2 last Friday and if is doing the same. Complications don’t seem to matter. It flickers when not fully awake. I also have an issue where my weather widget won’t display on the home face. Already talked to 3 people at Apple about the weather issue as it started first and they said it must be a software bug. Seems like we have some major issues with something on the ultra 2.

Sep 26, 2023 10:37 PM in response to fosius

My Apple Watch ultra 2 is doing the same exact thing. I’ve also noticed the timer complication does not show on the watch face when looking at the watch face in the iPhone app. It’s blank on the Apple Watch face picture but shows it’s selected at the bottom. My brothers Apple Watch ultra 2 is also doing the same blinking and restarting randomly.

Sep 26, 2023 11:16 PM in response to UtahFlyfisher88

Yes I see the same thing in the watch app - blank space where the timer complication should be. Also sometimes when waking from always on the timer complication on the device seems to blank out and draw again.

hopefully this means it’s a software issue and not a device issue but I’ve raised this with Apple and scheduled an appointment in the Apple Store anyway

had hoped the watch update to 10.0.2 yesterday would fix all this but still happening

Sep 27, 2023 12:46 AM in response to fodwyer

Yes exactly. I’ve also noticed when the modular ultra watch face is switching from “night mode” the red face and being raised to wake it causes the screen to be glitchy the red mode will also blink with a timer on and running for me. Also the screen seems to be glitchy when transitioning from night mode to day mode and the other way also. And has the little bluish random bursts on the screen. I’ve since removed the timer complication and turned the night mode off and so far the watch doesn’t seem to be having any issues after that.

apple watch ultra 2 screen flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.