How do you fix a iPhone that is unable to activate and a update is required

It’s a iPhone that I got but won’t update its a iPhone 8 or 7 I can’t remember but is it any other why I can update it

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2023 7:39 PM

STARJORDEN Said:

"How do you fix a iPhone that is unable to activate and a update is required: It’s a iPhone that I got but won’t update its a iPhone 8 or 7 I can’t remember but is it any other why I can update it"

-------

Updating an iPhone:

What iOS is currently installed? Go to: Settings > General > About. From here, try updating through use of a computer. If any updates are available, they will install, sure enough. Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Activating an iPhone:

1. Go Here: If you can't Activate your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: If your iPhone can't be activated or an alert says the activation server is unavailable or the SIM card is unsupported, learn what to do.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2023 7:39 PM in response to STARJORDEN

STARJORDEN Said:

"How do you fix a iPhone that is unable to activate and a update is required: It’s a iPhone that I got but won’t update its a iPhone 8 or 7 I can’t remember but is it any other why I can update it"

-------

Updating an iPhone:

What iOS is currently installed? Go to: Settings > General > About. From here, try updating through use of a computer. If any updates are available, they will install, sure enough. Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Activating an iPhone:

1. Go Here: If you can't Activate your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. As it Reads: If your iPhone can't be activated or an alert says the activation server is unavailable or the SIM card is unsupported, learn what to do.

How do you fix a iPhone that is unable to activate and a update is required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.