2 factors authentification on Apple TV 2nd generation doesn't prompt for the 6 digit code when connecting to iTunes

I don't get the prompt to enter the 6 digits code on the Apple TV 2nd generation after entering iTunes ID + password. I receive this code on my iPhone correctly but have nowhere to key it in on the Apple TV.

One consequence is that I cannot connect to my AppleTV+ account to watch streaming.

I have to go through the sharing feature of my iPhone + the cumbersome language and subtitle reseting burden on each episode start.

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2023 3:00 AM

If you have a legacy Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2023 3:00 AM in response to Pierrot_de_paname

If you have a legacy Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

2 factors authentification on Apple TV 2nd generation doesn't prompt for the 6 digit code when connecting to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.